We could all benefit from adding more vegetables to our diets. Are you looking for a new way to incorporate veggies into your meals? Look no further than my new favorite kitchen tool, the spiralizer.
Try swapping out your regular pasta for nutrient-rich zucchini noodles instead. These noodles are quick and easy to prepare and bring the texture of spaghetti without the carbohydrate load.
Check out the recipe (adapted from GI 365) below:
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce:
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup parsley
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1/2 cup white onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 lbs zucchini, spiralized into noodles
- Roast the red peppers under the broiler until charred, remove skin.
- Add the peppers to the blender with the rest of the sauce ingredients, and blend until smooth.
- For the noodles, heat a large 15" skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions and garlic with olive oil for 2-minutes or until onions are translucent. Add the zucchini and sea salt to the pan and sauté the noodles, tossing regularly with tongs. Cook until the zucchini is nearly softened then add the sauce and finish when the sauce is heated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.